If you’re looking to add a splash of color and life to your outdoor space, an outdoor planter can be a great choice. However, there are many things to consider before choosing the right flower pot for your plants. In this article, we’ll look at everything you need to know about outdoor flower pots, including their use, available materials, size, shape and more.
What is an outdoor flower pot?
An outdoor flower pot is a container used to plant flowers, shrubs or plants in an outdoor environment. These pots can be made from a variety of materials, such as plastic, terra cotta, concrete, wood and even metal. They can be placed on a patio, balcony, yard or any other outdoor space to add color and life to the environment.
Why use an outdoor planter?
Outdoor planters offer a multitude of benefits. Here are a few of them:
- They allow you to plant flowers and plants without having to dig holes in the ground.
- They offer the flexibility to move plants and flowers to different locations in your outdoor space.
- They are available in a variety of sizes, shapes and materials to suit any outdoor space.
- They can be used to add color and life to specific areas, such as decks, balconies and patios.
Materials available for outdoor planters
There are several different materials used to make outdoor planters. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most commonly used materials for outdoor planters:
- Terracotta: very popular because of their porosity and ability to regulate moisture. They are also very durable and can last for many years. However, they can be brittle and can crack or break easily if dropped or frozen.
- Plastic: One of the most common choices for outdoor planters because of their light weight and affordability. They are also impact resistant and can be made in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Concrete: extremely durable and can be made in a variety of sizes and shapes. They are also wind and water resistant, making them an ideal choice for harsh outdoor environments.
- Metal: are weather resistant and can last for many years. They are also lightweight and easy to move. However, they can rust over time, especially if exposed to moisture.
- Wood: An aesthetic and natural option for your garden or patio. They provide good insulation for plant roots However, they require more maintenance than other materials, as wood is prone to rot and moisture.
How to choose the size and shape of an outdoor planter?
Choosing the size and shape of an outdoor planter will depend on the plant or flower you wish to plant in it. In general, the size of the pot should be proportional to the size of the plant. A pot that is too small can hinder root and plant growth, while a pot that is too large can prevent proper water and nutrient absorption.
The shape of the pot can also affect the growth of the plant. Round pots are ideal for potted plants that need effective drainage, while square pots are better for larger plants that require more root space.
Our top recommendation: the Greenbo pot.
Looking for an easy-to-install, easy-to-use outdoor planter? We highly recommend the Greenbo pot, marketed by Le Balconier.
Thanks to its patented mounting system, you can hang it on any vertical surface without the need for tools or complicated brackets to install. Whether you want to decorate your balcony or your garden, the Greenbo pot is the ideal solution.
With its innovative design, it stays put even in high winds and provides a beautiful view for both you and passersby. Available in a variety of colors and sizes, the Greenbo planter is the perfect choice for creating a colorful and easy-to-maintain vertical garden.
Order your Greenbo planter now and add a touch of greenery to your outdoor space.